Friday, August 2, 2013

Day 2 Home

I know I'm only on day 2, but I'm really excited about this goal. If my excitement dwindles, it's something I will need to assess.

Day 2 of the Style Cure requires that you go shopping all weekend. Better read as doing research. I won't be too adventurous with this because I do not have access to the car and baby makes traveling to cool little shops more challenging. However, I am not to be stopped. I scoured the internet and put together a fantastic board on Pinterest. Hopefully on Sunday I can make a quick outing to Target or Chapters; there's something to be said about seeing things in person.

At this time, I'd like to outline more of the "whys" behind this goal. I think it really hits a lot of my core personality traits, which is probably why I'm so darn excited about it.

The Artist
Not only is interior design and styling a form of art, I also want to work on having more art in this space. This means working on the painting that has slowly made it's way to the back of the closet. I'd also like to pull out other long-lost art to display. I have so much art and yet the walls in the living room are totally bare. That is about to change and my inner artist wholeheartedly approves.

The Homebody/Hostess
I spend a lot of time at home these days. I would love to be more inspired by my surroundings. It would also give me that extra kick to have people over and be proud of my place, instead of always apologizing for it.

The Explorer
I would love to represent my travels in the space. I like being surrounded by things that have stories behind them and remind me of adventurous times.

The other personality traits can be represented more generally, by keeping the overall mood calm and refined, adding elements from nature and just a touch of whimsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment