Thursday, August 1, 2013

Day 1 Home

I have decided to start my goals on the easy side. Working on our home comes quite naturally to me because it is something I truly enjoy. I am constantly gathering inspiration and building pinterest boards and thinking up grand projects. However, I rarely actually accomplish anything. More think than do. So this goal will be all about being inspired and getting things done.

Everyday I will work on creating a more inviting, inspiring and beautiful home. I will spend at least 15 minutes every day gathering inspiration, organizing, or working on projects. My goal for the end of the month is to have a guest-ready main floor and a routine established for keeping it that way.

In order to keep me in line, I will be working on the Style Cure at Apartment Therapy. This is one of the first blogs I started following years ago, so it feels right to go back. I know this will help.

The first task is to fill out the interview. Here are some of my answers.

Favourites
Actor: Clive Owen
Actress: Rashida Jones
Artist: Steven Nederveen, Joseph Cornell
Writer: Murakami, Calvino
Music: Bon Iver, coffee shop playlists
Restaurant: Burgoo
TV: anything about cooking
Clothing: sweaters, scarves, tortoiseshell frames
Furniture: West Elm, meaningful pieces

Words to describe my personal style
Cozy/earthy, casual, creative

Favourite room from childhood
Living room; it was full of plants, books, items from travels and beautiful carved wood furniture.

Favourite room from adulthood
Current nursery; it isn't perfect, but I made a large alphabet painting and I love seeing all her little clothes hanging in the closet.

How I would like my friends to describe my home
Inviting, organized and inspired

Conclusion
There is a thread of warmth, layers and comfort that I believe brings everything together. Nothing is too stuffy or too modern, rather more earthy and casual. I see a lot of ties with my core personality traits - explorer, artist, daydreamer, poet.

No comments:

Post a Comment