Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Possible Goals

Here begins my quest to develop meaningful goals. I've had the chance to ponder my core personality traits and have come up with some interesting thoughts.

Most dormant lately: Artist and Explorer
Since having a baby, a lot of my hobbies have been put aside and I find most of my days are spent feeding and trying to get the little one to nap. Such luxuries as art and travel are very low on the list of priorities. However, I feel that these sides of me can still be expressed in little ways, perhaps by involving my little one somehow or taking something I do anyway, and giving it a creative twist.

Most intriguing at this time: Homebody/Hostess
Probably because I have been spending so much time at home lately, I am increasingly aware of how it appears, how comfortable, how inviting. Interior design is something I have always been interested in, so I am constantly restyling my surroundings. With the little one, this has also become more important. What type of environment do I want her to grow up in? What makes this feel like home?

Most resistant toward: Student/Inquisitor
I have always had a push/pull in being with other people. I like people, I enjoy being around people and learning about them, asking questions, helping out... however, I am very introverted. I do not talk often and find it difficult to make friends. I do not want this to effect my daughter. At this age it is up to me to introduce her to people and potential friends. I feel an obligation to go to mommy groups and community events, but have been resisting it because it is just so unnatural for me. I am still unsure how to categorize this one; it is something I am working on.

So, these are the core personality traits that I will begin to develop habits for, such as...

Possible goals for the Artist:
Craft a book of memories for my daughter
Learn how to sew clothes for my daughter

Possible goals for the Explorer:
Do something spontaneous once a week
Find unique baby-friendly places

Possible goals for the Homebody/Hostess:
Find ways to make home more cozy and inviting
Bake once a week from fresh, yummy ingredients

Possible goals for the Student/Inquisitor:
Be brave and go to mommy groups
Be brave and find ways to get to know the neighbors

No comments:

Post a Comment