Thursday, July 11, 2013

Day 4 Gratitude

Part of the success of habits and blogging is a matter of time. I came into this personal challenge thinking it would be a morning task, every morning, around the same time. But, life gets in the way. Always. And needs change. And you have to adjust. For this particular goal, it seems to make more sense to record the things I am grateful for at night, before bed, as a beautiful conclusion to the day. This also gives me all day to be aware and take note. My eyes, mind and heart really do seem more attentive to the little things, even though I've just begun. I will do anything to make this work.

I will talk more later about how I plan to make this habit stick. For now, my idea is to buy a beautiful notebook and pen them in before bed. Simple and lovely.

Today, I was grateful for:

1. A quick visit with family passing through town. My little one got to meet her uncle (my bro)! It's so special to see her interact with family, and how my family interacts with her. Especially the guys. Girls usually go ga ga over babies, but guys are a little less predictable. It was really sweet to see my brother chatting it up with my honey, calling her a hungry hippo, making funny faces.

2. My child asleep in my arms. How her body has a little extra weight. Her feet flop back and forth as I walk her upstairs. Her hair tickles my face.

3. Leftover pasta. We made penne with sausages and peppers last night. It was delicious then, but even more delicious tonight, as the depth of sauce really thickened. And it was especially nice to not have to make dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment