Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Day 8 Gratitude

Today I am grateful for:

1. My Mother. I have always been fairly close to my Mom, but since having my own child, I feel we have become even closer. Unfortunately, we are separated by a short plane ride (or a really long car ride), so we don't see each other as often as I would like. However, we do have nice long conversations over the phone several times a week. I love this Mom time. She always has an open ear and is ready to offer sound advice, without being pushy or disrespectful towards my own opinions if they differ.

2. When I say something quietly and lovingly to my daughter and she gives a big smile. I expect her to smile when I'm goofy or boisterous, but it's less expected when I'm quiet. I think it shows a deeper, more instinctual level of understanding. What a beautiful moment.

3. Spaghetti. Simple and delicious. Wonderful for when the hubster is working late and I feel like having a 'real' dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment